Exterior Of The Office Building Of McDowell & Morrissette, PA
A Manchester Personal Injury Law Firm
Scott A. Ewing
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Product Liability
- Employment Law
Scott Ewing has been practicing law in New Hampshire since 1986, concentrating in personal injury, defamation, construction, breach of contract, personal injury, wrongful termination, workers’ compensation, product liability, and employment law representing individuals, employers and corporations.
In 1979 Scott received a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY and went on to obtain a law degree from Catholic University School of Law in Washington, D.C., in 1986 where he was a member of the law review.
In 1986, Scott began his career at Wiggin & Nourie, PA as a litigation associate and became a partner in 1994. He left Wiggin & Nourie, PA in 2001 with two other partners to found Desmarais, Ewing & Johnston, PLLC where he specialized in injury litigation. In June 2015, Scott started a solo practice specializing in litigation including personal injury, workers’ compensation, automobile collision, and employment law.
In 2018 Scott jointed McDowell & Osburn, PA, now known as McDowell & Morrissette, PA.
Scott’s trial experience includes appearing at the United States District Court of New Hampshire, New Hampshire Superior and District Courts, and the New Hampshire Department of Labor. He also has significant appellate experience at the New Hampshire Supreme Court where he has briefed and argued numerous cases and has twelve published opinions.
Scott has been an active member of the New Hampshire Bar Association and is a former chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1986
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1979
- Major: Political Science
- New Hampshire, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
- Appeal of Timothy Carnahan, 993 A.2d 224, 160 N.H. 73 (2010)
- Appeal of Tina Silk, 937 A.2d 900, 156 N.H. 539 (2007)
- Clint J. St. Onge v. David R. MacDonald, 917 A.2d 233, 154 N.H. 768 (2007)
- Wudson Rosa v. Partners in Progress, Inc., 868 A.2d 994, 152 N.H. 6 (2005)
- Appeal of Timothy Carnahan, 821 A.2d 1122, 149 N.H. 433 (2003)
- Jeffrey and Susan MacDonald v. B.M.D. Golf Associates, Inc. d/b/a Indian Mound Golf Club, 813 A.2d 488, 148 N.H. 582 (2002)
- Appeal of Thomas Wingate, 813 A.2d 1176, 149 N.H. 12 (2002)
- Appeal of Joyce E. Rose, 769 A.2d 377, 146 N.H. 219 (2001)
- Appeal of Donald E. Savage, Jr., 737 A.2d 1109, 144 N.H. 107 (1999)
- Langlois v. Alan and Michelle Pomerleau, 726 A.2d 1285, 143 N.H. 456 (1999)
- Appeal of Jonathan Newcomb, 690 A.2d 562, 141 N.H. 664 (1997)
- Amoskeag Bank v. Regis J. Chagnon d/b/a Manchester Mortgage Co., Bradshaw Morrow d/b/a Morrow Millwork and Sundeen Lumber Company, Inc., 572 A.2d 1153, 133 N.H. 11 (1990)
- Wiggin & Nourie, PA, Associate, 1986
- Wiggin & Nourie, PA, Partner, 1994
- Desmarais, Ewing & Johnston, PLLC, Partner, 2001
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Active Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Former Chair